Personal Movement & Safety
In this personal movement and safety module you will learn about all the elements of progressing down a canyon. Initially from understanding your equipment, how to use it and the loads and forces that can be placed on it, to personal movement on rope and in water.
PERSONAL MOVEMENT AND SAFETY OVERVIEW
Move efficiently in any situation.
A key objective as a canyoneer is to have the skill and knowledge to move efficiently on a rope, both up and down. This module covers the basics of canyoning single rope technique (SRT). You will learn how to descend using an improvised device, manage your friction, pass a re-belay and deviation as well as ascending and converting from ascent to descent on the rope.
Throughout this course you will learn:
- How to prepare and optimize your personal equipment
- How to ascend on single rope using mechanical ascenders and improvised techniques
- Overcome rebelays and deviations during rappel
- Improvised techniques for descent
- Communication with teammates